Last week Friday, I think that I had one of the most emotional parent conferences I've ever had in my life. "Abigail" was having a hard time making friends, and she felt "left out" and as though "the world meant nothing to her and they didn't care about her." Throughout the meeting, I prayed for wisdom, and by the end of the meeting, God had given me some amazing ideas - which is really cool, because I'm not a super creative person when it comes to interventions. However, even after the meeting was over, I was so aware that the idea that God gave me to help Abigail was not comprehensive or full proof and because of that, I was acutely aware of the need for God to intervene on Abigail's behalf. Thus, praying began.
This week has been so sweet. Every day, Abigail has played with someone during recess and eaten with someone during lunch (having nothing to do with the plan that we talked about on Friday). Today was the kicker though. Abigail's mom e-mailed me to let me know about an upcoming transportation change for her due to the fact that Abigail is going home with a girl from our class tomorrow. The mom wrote something like, "I don't know if a little birdie has been spreading the word or not, but I'm thankful!" And you know what, I was able to joyfully write back to that mom, "I didn't do any behind the scenes facilitating for Abigail, but I have been praying." Praise God! He's working on behalf of my sweet little one! I'm so thankful that He's so big and that this situation has been so much "out of my hands" from the very beginning that God is the one getting the glory for this - even if this family isn't believers. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment